PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK
YOU ARE GIVING UP IMPORTANT LEGAL RIGHTS.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCEPTING.
I hereby agree to release and discharge other event participants, acting guides, and members of Southern California Land Rover (SCLR) on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that the use of off-road vehicles and participating in off-road driving activities, and participation in adventure travel associated with these activities entails known and anticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. Examples of risks include, but are not limited to: collision with rocks, other vehicles, etc., rollover, fire, heatstroke, exhaustion, hypothermia, bites and stings from wild animals or insects, and exposure to poisonous plants. There is a potential for getting lost, and falling may result in broken bones or sprains.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all the risks existing in any SCLR activity. My participation in SCLR activities is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. I will exercise my own good judgment and will not participate in any event or activity where I am not confident of my own ability.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless all participants, acting guides, and all members of SCLR from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in any SCLR activity or my use of equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of other participants, acting guides or members of SCLR.
4. I realize that there is risk of my becoming seriously ill or injured in an area remote from medical care and that other participants, acting guides, and members of SCLR cannot guarantee availability of emergency services or transportation to medical facilities. I understand that I am solely responsible for all charges for all medical emergency services and rescue operations that I may need. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover an injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage to myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in any SCLR activity, or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. I understand that many trips have no official guides, and that any person acting as a guide is doing so as a volunteer, and that any acting guide has varying abilities and experience, and may or may not know the area we are traveling in. It is wholly my responsibility to determine if I wish to follow the advice and instruction of any individual acting as such a guide.
6. Should other participants, acting guides, or any member of SCLR be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
7. By accepting this agreement, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in any SCLR activity, I will be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against other participants, acting guides, or members of SCLR on the basis of any claim which I have released within.
8. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and agree to be bound by its terms. I understand that this is the entire agreement between myself, other participants, acting guides, and members of SCLR, and that this agreement cannot be amended except in writing. If any portion of this agreement is judged to be invalid, the remainder will remain in force.